This delicious Apple Strudel is a great idea for your next dessert!
View the method
- 250g Pams Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Pams Salt
- 1 egg
- 100ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp Pams Canola oil
- 50g Pams Butter
- 100g Pams Fine Breadcrumbs
- 140g sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 170g Pams Raisins
- 1 dessert spoon lemon juice
- 1.1kg peeled Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- A shot of rum (optional)
- Extra butter, melted
Back to ingredients
- Mix flour, salt, egg and water to a soft dough and knead until it comes away from the table and hands.
- Form into a ball and allow to rest covered in oil for 30 minutes.
- Put the dough on a floured covered linen cloth and roll into a rectangular shape. Extend it on the back of your hands to a wafer thin layer. Heat the butter and add the breadcrumbs until they become golden brown.
- Mix sugar with cinnamon. Mix raisins, lemon juice, apples and rum. Combine butter breadcrumbs and sugar mixture to create filling.
- Place filling in the extended layer of dough, cut off the thick ends and roll carefully with the cloth. Place the strudel on a buttered baking tray and bake at 190°C (170°C fan-forced) or until the pastry takes on a golden shine (30 – 40 minutes).
- Coat with melted butter as soon as the strudel comes out of the oven.
- Serve with cream or vanilla icecream.