Carrot and Courgette Muffins
Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley
View the method
- 250 g Pams caster sugar
- 250 ml oil
- 170 g Pams eggs (approx. 3)
- 265 g Pams plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp Pams bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp Pams baking powder
- pinch of Pams salt
- 200 g grated carrot (2 medium-sized carrots)
- 200 g grated courgette (2 medium-sized courgettes)
- 100 g sultanas or raisins
- 3 tbsp wholegrain oats
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°C. Grease the holes of a standard or large muffin pan.
- Beat the caster sugar, oil and eggs together until the sugar is dissolved, then fold in in the flour, mixed spice, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Finally, mix in the carrot, courgette and sultanas or raisins.
- Two-thirds fill the muffin pans and sprinkle oats on the top. Bake for around 15 minutes (standard muffins) or 25 minutes (large muffins). Cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.