Chilli Mussel Fritters
Try this Chilli Mussel Fritter recipe for some spicy goodness!
View the method
- 300g marinated mussels
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoons diced red chilli
- 2 tablespoons each: chopped parsley, coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 green pepper (capsicum) seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup each: self-raising GF flour, milk
- oil for frying
Back to ingredients
- Drain the mussels and place in a food processor. Add the shallot, chilli, herbs, seasonings and egg yolks. Blend, until fairly smooth.
- Remove to a bowl. Stir in the green pepper, the flour and milk. Mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Lightly fold into the mussel mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the top then flip over to cook.