Raspberry Sponge Cake
This sponge cake is a great dessert idea!
View the method
- 4 large eggs, separated (room temp)
- ¾ cup Pams White Sugar
- ¾ cup cornflour
- 2 Tbsp Pams Custard Powder
- 3 tsp Pams Baking Powder
- ½ cup Pams Raspberry Jam
- Icing Ingredients
- 1½ cups Pams Icing Sugar
- 25g Pams Butter Melted
- Cold water
- Raspberry essence
- 1 drop red food colouring
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease & line two cake tins (23cm).
- Beat egg whites, slowly add sugar, beat until stiff & sugar dissolved.
- Add yolks, mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients & gently fold into the mixture.
- Pour half the mix into each tin & bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Cool cakes on a wire rack.
- Blend icing sugar, butter, essence & colouring, adding water until mix is spreadable.
- Spread one sponge with jam, place second on top & ice.