Four Square Competition
Terms & Conditions - Bounce for Bucks Birthday Competition
1. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Promoter).
2. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions.
3. The competition starts at 12.01am on Monday, 28 June 2021 and will run until close of trade on 11.59pm on Sunday, 25 July 2021 or while game tickets are available in each Participating Store, whichever occurs earliest (Promotion Period).
4. This competition is running at all Four Square stores nationwide (Participating Stores).
Method of Entry
5. You will receive one (1) game ticket for every $25 spent in a single transaction (excluding the purchase of Gift Cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products and New Zealand Lotteries tickets) to be eligible to enter into the prize draw (Qualifying Purchase). For the avoidance of doubt, there is no ability to purchase products via an online store to enter this promotion.
6. Should the Qualifying Purchase exceed $25, you will receive an additional game ticket for every additional $25 spent in that transaction up to a maximum of ten (10) game tickets per transaction. For example, if you spent $300 in a Qualifying Purchase you will only receive 10 game tickets.
7. The game tickets can only be obtained at checkouts at the time of a Qualifying Purchase or from the customer service station when using the self-checkout after a Qualifying Purchase.
8. Each game ticket will have a unique code and a barcode to enable you to play ‘Bounce for Bucks’ and enter to be in with a chance to win by:
a) Visiting www.bounceforbucks.co.nz and following the game instructions to activate your game code, play the game to earn an entry into the draw to win the major prize or win an instant cash prize.
b) Entering your contact details to allow the Promoter to contact you should you win one of the prizes.
Prize and how winners will be selected
9. There are 217 prizes to be won making up a total prize pool of $100,000 (Prize Pool), which consists of:
a) Seven (7) major prizes of $10,000 (each a Major Prize).
i. Four (4) being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the North Island .
ii. Three (3) being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the South Island .
b) 100 Instant prizes of $40 cash (Instant Prize).
i. 65 being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the North Island.
ii. 35 being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the South Island.
c) 80 Instant prizes of $100 cash (Instant Prize).
i. 58 being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the North Island.
ii. 22 being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the South Island.
d) 20 Instant prizes of $400 cash (Instant Prize).
i. 14 being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the North Island.
ii. Six (6) being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the South Island.
e) 10 Instant prizes of $1,000 cash (Instant Prize).
i. Six (6) being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the North Island.
ii. Four (4) being to entrants that made a Qualifying Purchase from a Participating Store in the South Island.
10. At the time you enter the Promotion some prizes may have already been won.
11. Instant Prize winners:
a) Entrants will be notified immediately in writing on screen whether they have won an Instant Prize.
b) Instant Prize winners will be emailed a link to be directed to the prize claim page online where they will be required to upload proof of purchase receipt(s) and provide all other necessary contact details including but not limited to Name, Address and Bank Account Number for the Promoter and its agents to validate their claim and then process payment of their prize.
c) Instant Prize winners will be paid by the Promoter or its agent to each winner via direct transfer into the nominated winner’s bank account, subject to verification. Winners are to allow up to 28 working days to receive their prize via bank transfer, following validation of their prize claim.
d) All claims for Instant Prizes must be made online immediately following a Bounce for Bucks instant prize win is displayed on screen and, failing that, no later than 11.59pm on Sunday 25 July 2021. After this time any unactioned Instant Prize claims become null and void.
12. Major Prize winners
a) Major Prize winners will be drawn by the Promoter by random electronic selection from entries on Monday 2 August 2021. The first four (4) eligible winners drawn that made a Qualifying Purchase at a Participating Store in the North Island will win a Major Prize. The first three (3) eligible winners drawn that made a Qualifying Purchase at a Participating Store in the South Island will win a Major Prize.
b) Winners will be notified by the Promoter once has draw has been completed within five (5) working days of the draw, via the contact details provided when the winner entered the competition. If a winner cannot be contacted within seven days of first contacting them, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be determined from the remaining valid entries on the same basis of other entries.
13. The Promoter is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted during the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being provided, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner.
14. Fulfilment of all prizes will be handled by the Promoter’s agent, Quicksmart Marketing (quicksmart.co.nz) and paid by direct credit into their nominated bank account.
How to play
15. Each game ticket will have a unique code. To enter the prize draw go to www.bounceforbucks.co.nz follow the prompts to the promotion entry page. You will then be presented with a “Bounce for Bucks” game where you will bounce Mr Four Square to collect objects towards your game total. You must enter the unique code on your game ticket to receive one game play. All game plays must be completed by midnight 25 July 2021.
16. The object of each game is to collect objects (dollar signs, bananas and cupcakes) to earn points. To play the game, you must use your mouse and spacebar or finger (touch screens) to launch Mr Four Square, and collect as many objects as possible towards your score. Hitting balloons or Kites will boost Mr Four Square higher and allow you to collect more points - you can activate these boosts by using the spacebar or your finger (touch screens).
17. By playing the game in accordance with this terms and conditions you will either receive an instant cash prize or an entry into the major prize draw.
18. Unless you win an instant cash prize in accordance with clause 18, entrants will receive one entry automatically into the prize draw on playing the game and entering their details into the form. You will also have the opportunity to achieve additional entries into the draw if you earn more points. Achieving higher scores will give the entrant additional entries into the draw. There are three scoring bands for the major prize draw: if you earn less than 500 points you earn one star and therefore one entry into the prize draw, if you earn 500 – 1000 points you earn two stars and therefore 5 entries and if you earn 1000+ points you earn three stars and therefore 10 entries. There are a maximum of 10 entries per code / gameplay.
19. If you see a yellow hot air balloon you’ll win an instant cash prize. If you are an instant cash prize winner you will not go into the major prize draw. An instant cash prize winner will be notified of the value on screen and directed on screen as to how to claim their prize. In order to claim the prize you must complete the entry form. All prize claims must be received by midnight (Friday 20 August 2021). For the avoidance of doubt the winning cash prizes are $40, $100, $400, $1,000 prize lots as detailed in clause 9.b).
21. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or negotiable.
22. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to the new winner.
23. The Promoter’s decision and the prize results are final and not subject to appeal.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate this competition at any time.
25. If a winner cannot accept or take part in the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
26. Incomplete or invalid entries or those not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
27. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity). If a prize winner enters or attempts to enter the prize draw in a manner which, in the Promoters’ opinion, is contrary to these terms or is fraudulent, misleading, or unjust to other entrants (such as hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices), that prize winner’s entry may be rejected at the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
28. Entrants must retain their purchase receipt(s) and game tickets for all game plays throughout the Promotion Period as proof of all purchase(s). The Promoter retains the right to request receipts and/or game tickets to validate each and every Instant Prize or Major Prize. This includes the right to also request proof of all purchases for previous non-instant winning game plays. Failure to produce the receipt or game ticket for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter or its agents, result in invalidation of all of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to any Instant Prize or Major Prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the Four Square store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotion Period but prior to any instant prize claim.
29. The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time and wherever possible such amended terms and conditions will be displayed online at www.foursquare.co.nz.
30. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
31. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
32. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of the Promoter will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by the Promoter will be entered into.
33. The promotion is open to New Zealand residents only.
34. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
35. You must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to require that all winners provide proof of identity and age. The Promoter’s decision as to eligibility will be final.
37. To be eligible to receive a prize a winner must:
a) not be a person who is excluded from the promotion under these terms and conditions; and
b) comply with these terms and conditions; and
c) consent to the Promoter’s use of their name and image for publicity and promotional purposes and make him or herself available for publicity photographs in relation to this competition for no additional compensation.
Privacy and Contact
39. Any questions relating to this promotion should be referred to Four Square Customer Services in the North Island on 0800 477 827 (0800 FOUR SQUARE) or in the South Island 0800 933 033.