Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Scrumptious recipe - the kids will eat all of it!
View the method
- 650g bag Wattie's frozen Broccoli & Cauliflower Medley
- 4 rashers lean bacon, diced
- 25g butter
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (for topping)
Back to ingredients
- Place the Wattie’s frozen Broccoli & Cauliflower Medley in a microwave proof bowl. Cover and cook on high power for 5 minutes. Give the bowl a shake and then cook for a further 2-3 minutes until vegetables are just tender. Drain off any excess water. Pat the vegetables dry with a clean tea towel or paper towels.
- Place vegetables in a lasagne style dish. Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Cook bacon in a dash of oil in a small frying pan. Set aside. Melt the butter in the saucepan and gently cook the leek until softened. Add the flour and stir. Gradually add the milk stirring continuously over a medium heat until the sauce thickens and boils. Reduce heat and simmer a further minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated tasty cheese and cooked bacon. Season to taste. Pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the topping over the sauce. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until top is golden and vegetables are hot.
- For the topping, mix fresh breadcrumbs and cheese together.