Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley
View the method
- 100 g Pams plain flour
- ¼ tsp Pams salt
- ½ tsp Espelette pepper (or a pinch of cayenne pepper)
- 90 g Pams butter
- 90 g grated Parmesan, plus a little extra for topping
- 1 egg, whisked
Back to ingredients
- Place flour, salt, pepper and butter in a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of fine breadcrumbs.
- Place on the bench with the Parmesan and mix by hand to form a smooth dough. Do not knead or over-work; just bring it together with the warmth of your hands.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap and place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of plastic food wrap to desired thickness, about 2 mm, and cut into rectangle shapes about 12 mm x 70 mm each.
- Brush with whisked egg and sprinkle with a little extra Parmesan. Transfer to a baking tray and place in oven for 12–15 minutes till golden and crisp.