Chewy Cashew, Ginger and Honey Cookies
Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley
View the method
- ½ cup honey, chilled
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder or paste
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
Back to ingredients
- Beforehand, place honey in refrigerator to harden so that it will bring the mixture together well.
- You can use either a dehydrator or your oven to ‘bake’ the cookies. If using the oven, pre-heat it to 100°C and line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place cashew nuts, ginger, seeds, goji berries, vanilla and salt in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds to break down ingredients. Add coconut oil and honey, and blend further until ingredients are well mixed and the texture is sticky.
- Place 2 tablespoon-sized heaps in one hand, and roll into balls. Place onto dehydrator tray or oven tray and flatten carefully with your palm. Leave in dehydrator for 8 hours, or in oven for 30 minutes, until preferred consistency is reached.