Fruit and Nut Raw Chocolate
Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley
View the method
- 2 cups coconut oil, softened to liquid
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or paste
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 3 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries
Back to ingredients
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place liquid coconut oil in a bowl and stir in maple syrup and cacao powder. Use a fork to ensure there are no lumps. Once smooth, pour into lined baking tray. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, pistachio and freeze-dried raspberries. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- To serve, use a large knife to cut into squares, or break apart with your fingers. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month.