Green Pea and Ham Soup
This soup makes for a delicious starter, a lunch time treat or even a light meal.
View the method
- 1 ham bone (from a cooked ham)
- 2 cups Pams Green Split Peas
- 1 litre of water
- 1 Litre reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 large onion, peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Back to ingredients
- Cover the split peas in water and soak overnight.
- Next day, drain the split peas well and place in a large saucepan with the ham bone, water, stock, garlic, onion, celery and bayleaf.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove any ham from the bones and reserve. Puree the soup and then season to taste.
- Serve soup garnished with reserved ham and parsley and some crusty bread.