This lemon cheesecake is sure to be a hit!
View the method
- 250g biscuits
- 120g butter, melted (the amount you need may vary, depending on the type of biscuits you use)
- 125g cream cheese (about 34 percent fat), softened
- 395g (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 250ml (1 cup) cream, sweetened with sugar to taste and whipped until thick
Back to ingredients
- Use a food processor or blender to finely crush the biscuits.
- Combine crushed biscuits with melted butter.
- Firmly press biscuit mixture into a 23cm diameter (base measurement), 3cm deep flan pan or pie plate.
- Place base in fridge to chill while making filling.
- Beat cream cheese in an electric mixer until completely smooth and creamy. Stop the machine occasionally and use a spatula to scrape down the side and base of the bowl.
- With the mixer running, gradually drizzle in the condensed milk (stop to scrape the bowl down occasionally).
- Add the lemon juice and beat until combined. The mixture should thicken when the lemon juice is beaten in. If your filling is a little lumpy at this stage, you can pass it through a fine strainer.
- Spread filling over base.
- Place cheesecake in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to allow the cheesecake to set.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream before serving. We decorate the cheesecake with grated chocolate or fruit.