Choco-PB Frozen Banana Bites
These a-peel-ing morsels have it all: sweetness, saltiness, and bananan-ess. Make a bunch of Bronwyn Taylor's Choco-PB Frozen Bananas and keep them in the freezer for a mid-week treat that's sure to please a crowd!
View the method
- Kebab skewers
- Peanut Butter (we used smooth)
- Chocolate (we used Whittaker's 50%)
- Toppings (we used 100s and 1000s, coconut, crushed peanuts, and flaked almonds)
Back to ingredients
- Cut the bananas into 5-6cm chunks
- Put the skewer into one of the ends. We cut our skewers in half.
- Using a spoon, spread the peanut butter onto the bananas. Put them on a lined tray. If your PB is too thick, heat it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in small 20 second bursts.
- Dip the frozen banana chunks into the melted chocolate, let the excess drip off, and put them back on the tray.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle your desired toppings on top. Return the tray to the freezer.
- Keep them in the freezer in a zip-lock bag!