NZ Christmas Ham with Cracker Cranberry Glaze
An easy, tasty classic Christmas dinner dish for the whole family!
View the method
- 100% New Zealand Pork Cooked Half Ham on the Bone
- 1/2 cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vodka (or use orange juice)
- 250g fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
- toothpicks or whole cloves
Back to ingredients
- Carefully run your clean fingers under the skin of the 100% New Zealand Pork Cooked half Ham on the Boneto lift it away. Do this slowly so you finish with a smooth layer of fat that will glaze beautifully. Place on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Using a sharp small knife cut the ham fat layer into a criss-cross pattern.
- Mix together the Wattie's Bit On the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce and the vodka or orange juice and brush this liberally over the ham. Skewer the cherries with toothpicks and place one at each corner of each criss-cross.
- To glaze and serve cold, bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes, brushing with any remaining Cranberry Glaze.
- To serve hot, cook at 160°C, allowing 20 minutes per kg, brushing with any remaining Cranberry Glaze every 15 minutes.
For more great pork recipes, visit www.pork.co.nz