It's hard to go wrong with Pecan Pie - served hot or cold, this delicious dessert is a traditional delight!
View the method
- 200g shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 3 times 70g packets pecan nuts
- 100g butter softened
Back to ingredients
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in honey and pecans.
- On a lightly floured board roll out pastry and an use to line a 22cm flan tin.
- Bake blind at 200c for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking blind material.
- Return pastry shell to oven for 1 minute to dry out pastry base.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180c, pour filling into cooked pastry base.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 30 minutes or until filling is set.