Steak with Herb Butter
Can't quite cook the perfect steak? This recipe will help you cook a tender delicious steak meal!
View the method
- 1x 250g Beef Steak
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or chives
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Back to ingredients
- Remove the meat from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Steaks should be dry and not wet. Pat dry on absorbent paper if necessary.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper just before cooking.
- Oil the steak, rather than the pan.
- Cook over a high heat to brown the meat. Cooking time depends on the heat, thickness of the steak and the cut.
- Turn the steak only once.
- Do not turn the steak with a fork as each time the meat is pierced, juices will run freely and the end result may be tough. Use tongs.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before eating, to ensure tenderness.