Sushi is a delicious lunch or snack which is also very good for you!
View the method
- 4 nori sheets
- 1+1/2 cups un-cooked short grain rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lebanese cucumber - peeled and seeds removed - thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 avocado - peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 125 grams spreadable cream cheese
- 40 grams thinly sliced carrot
- 40 grams chopped celery
- 40 grams bean sprouts
Back to ingredients
- In a pot boil 2 cups of water. Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until water is absorbed. Then drain.
- In a bowl mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour mixture over rice, Centre one of the sheets of nori on sushi mat.
- Spread 1/4 of the rice over and press into a thin layer. Spread 1/4 of the spreadable cream cheese over, sprinkle 1/4 of chives and sesame seeds, then arrange 1/4 avocado, carrot, celery, bean sprouts and cucumber down centre of rice.
- Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients. Repeat with other 3 nori sheets with 1/4 of the mixture on each sheet.
- Cut each roll into fifths.